By Irene Aviles
If you love the interiors of your home or have an aspiring desire to remodel your home try travel by design. With travel markets that have evolved to offer homes, condos and estates of all sizes as vacation rentals, you can experience and bask in some amazingly designed luxury vacation villas worldwide. At Private Trade Winds we are proud of the standards we set for our vacation clients in choosing properties of quality, superb location, and up to date interior designs. Together with our branded household amenities such as robes, safes, coffee, bottled water and bath amenities to name a few, clients feel like they are travelling at home but even better because they get housekeeping and hotel-type services! Here are a sample of some of my favorites:
1) Cabo Azul – Located in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico this property offers 1, 2 and 3 bedroom condo style accommodations with a full kitchen. Full hotel amenities with large pools, restaurants, on-site market, spa, fitness and easy access across the street to a small retail village for shopping and additional dining. Located on a beautiful wide sandy beach that you can walk for miles. After a day of fun you return home to a hip, cool, modern Mexican designed home where you can relax in your fresh white enclave with heavenly plush beds, large bathrooms and romantic lighting in all rooms. All units are similarly designed. You can prepare your own meals, call room service or ask for a chef to wine and dine you!
2) Ko Olina Beach Resort – Located on the West side of Oahu you can enjoy vacationing in a condo located right on the beach in a guard gated community offering a prime golf course, state of the art marina and amazing hotels including the newest Disney Resort. Retail shopping, grocery and dining villages and the Polynesian center offer authentic Hawaiian luaus at your fingertips. Rent any number of the uniquely designed condos ranging in 2 or 3 bedroom sizes. My favorite is a beach front unit that sits only 200 feet from the sand! Designed in contemporary Hawaiian style with furniture from Adriana Hoyas. Feel the breeze of Hawaii inside and outside this exquisite home. Enjoy a chef’s kitchen designed by Roy Yamaguchi or dine at his favorite Roy’s Restaurant at the Golf Club. Onsite facilities include 2 large pools, a beach bar, outdoor bbqs and fabulous gym facilities.
Hotel Bungalows and Villas:
3) Banyan Tree Seychelles – Nestled in the hills overlooking Independence Bay is the renewed Banyan Tree Hotel with bungalows and 2 bedroom beach villas on what feels like an acre of beachfront property. Designed impeccably in a Eurasian bungalow style you can enjoy the casual nature which flows inside and out. Hotel amenities abound with a private butler included to make even the sand between your feet feel tireless. A consistent Banyan Tree brand is felt throughout the property as you enjoy an amazing tree top spa, gym facilities, amazing restaurants and fabulous views from every corner.
4) Maldives – Cheval Blanc is my pick out of the hundreds of amazing resorts throughout the islands. Accessible only by seaplane but it’s worth the visit as you feel like you have died and gone to heaven. In the middle of nowhere, the Louis Vuitton family located a small cluster of 6 small islands that they determined would be theirs and cleverly connected some islands by boardwalks and others by taking a small boat. As a good swimmer, you could easily swim between them as the water is crystal clear and like glass. Sunsets are unreal. If the outside beauty wasn’t enough where you probably would be happy just sleeping on the sand, stepping into the bungalows full of bright white and yellow will make you feel like you are getting a hug. Each is designed in a very modern style with plush comforts and attendants to help at every turn. The bungalow are very large and offer private pools, gardens or the ocean at your feet. You never have to leave your own paradise as you can easily slip into the water and snorkel on the spot. If the 1 or 2 bedroom bungalows aren’t big enough ask for the Owner’s 4 bedroom villa! You will not want to go home. If you leave your sanctuary you will find amazing dining options, a spa island, dinner specialty on a disappearing island plus simple pleasures like a fabulous gym or a golf simulator are only steps away. For a lucky few, the Vuitton family now allows guests into what was once their private retreat.
5) Greece – Grace Santorini located in the 8th wonder of the world, Santorini, Greece is just magical. Perched as seen in countless famous photos, you step into the white washed buildings and interiors that have made Greece so uniquely famous. No one has white like Santorini as the sun just glistens upon it so magically. The interiors are all fresh and modern with a bungalow type feeling but still a hotel. The villas also glistening in the sun with more space in the 2 bedroom facility and the benefit of a private pool. Indescribable views of the Mediterranean ocean from a 900+ft bird’s eye view make the entire stay feel like you are in the clouds. Having all the hotel amenities and services just adds to the pleasure but left alone with the stars above would be sufficiently amazing!
Large Estate Homes:
6) Punta de Vista – Located in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica in the hillside jungle sits the most amazing 12-bedroom boutique property that overlooks the ocean and is a short 5 minute walk to the waves. This amazing 12,000 sq ft enclave was designed by a U.S. architect wanting to fulfill his Costa Rican mother’s dream design. Not only is this architecturally designed in a unique manner so that every room feels like you are in the jungle because of all the glass but being in the shape of a ship allows you to feel like you are sailing through the jungle enjoying the amazing views of the pacific. The interiors are all eco-friendly in design with everything made of natural materials. It feels like everything is almost hand made from the outdoors and in many cases it is! Together with its eco-friendliness you also have all the modern comforts and expectations of a luxury hotel. The staff is amazing, dining and entertaining options are endless!
7) South Africa – Many amazing homes to choose from. Most with a real love for modern design and somewhat minimalist. Beautiful art on the walls but mostly focused on amazing views so rooms are expansive with large often wrap round balconies. Kitchens and baths have a European feeling but all speak comfort for those returning from a day of adventure. South Africa just has so much to explore you need a place to come home to so you can breathe in the beauty of the majestic air. All of the homes come with staff based on your needs. Housekeeping, grocery shopping and a chef or even a daily butler to care for all of your needs.
8) Italy – Endless options and interiors to your liking. Some love the classic Italian designs, even antiques abound but some also like the chic and modern. Italy known as one of the design capitals of the world can entice any taste. My favorite is a fairly new resort called Castiglion del Bosco. Once a medieval village which is over 800 years old, restored and converted into a private estate by the Ferragamo family which today offers the most discriminating guests an opportunity to live in one of the 10+ restored villas. Enjoy the 4,000 acres of beautiful rolling countryside and the nicety of even having a private golf course and winery producing the 5th largest production of Brunello wines. Of course, you have every hotel amenity that you can imagine. The interiors of these homes are so luxuriously comfortable with a classic design appropriate to reminisce about the area’s history. The family’s leather legacy is felt in so many of the elegant details including leather jewelry holders, leather screened closet doors, bathroom amenities such as tissue boxes and even the safes are covered in leather!
9) The World – Sail the world aboard the most unique vessel at sea. Designed somewhat like a floating condominium with amenities of a mini cruise ship. Each unit is uniquely designed in basically 3 concepts – traditional, modern and classic. Sizes range from studios to a 6-bedroom apartment. All have balconies and spacious designs. Some owners have custom designed units that are extraordinary with the finest of materials you can image. Some have grand art collections and others are just luxuriously comfortable. All units have Frette linens and Waterford china. All the kitchens are euro designed for efficiency in space but modern, elegant and very easy to cook in. Of course, you have room service if you don’t want to cook (but going to the onboard grocery store is a lot of fun) and the chefs are always willing to make you something that is not on the menu! It’s amazing!
What are you waiting for? Travel the world in style enjoying the best of various interior design themes and elements. You can locate vacation homes with design requirements plus enjoy 5-star hotel type services and amenities by visiting Privatetradewinds.com.